warning. you will hurt yourself on these brownies. eat at your own risk! we love some brownies in this house. so i have a few recipes up my sleeve! my kids also love s'mores. well... who doesn't love s'mores? so i had to try combining the two. when i was testing the recipe, i made 2 batches. even though there are 6 people living in this house, it was still way too many brownies for us. my neighbors were out grilling on their deck, so the hubby walked some brownies over to them. they tasted them and almost fell off of their deck! lol. they said those were the best brownies they had ever had. don't know if they were just being nice, but i had the same thought. :)
- - the crust
- 9 graham crackers - pulsed to crumbs
- 7 tablespoons melted butter -
- 2 tablespoons sugar -
- - s'more brownies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter - chopped
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips -
- 3/4 cup sugar -
- 1/2 cup brown sugar -
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract -
- 3 eggs -
- 1 cup flour -
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder -
- 1/4 teaspoon salt -
- - s'more topping
- 2 cups mini marshmallows -
- 8 ounces mini chocolate chips -
- 4 graham crackers - pulsed to coarse crumbs
a step by step video of how to make these brownies can be found here.
- preheat oven to 350 degrees. line a 9x9 inch baking pan with foil so the edges hang over the side. grease or spray lightly with cooking spray.
- microwave the butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl for about 40 seconds, until just melted. remove from microwave and stir until melted. allow to cool for about 5 minutes. stir in sugars, vanilla and eggs one at a time. dust in the cocoa powder, flour and salt, mixing until just combined. spoon the batter into the prepared pan, spreading into an even layer.
- bake until set, about 45 - 50 minutes. remove from oven and sprinkle on the mini marshmallows, mini chocolate chips and graham crackers. change oven setting to broil and place brownies under broiler until golden brown. remove from oven and let cool before cutting.