brown, butter. delicious all by itself! this recipe is very quick, inexpensive meal with few ingredients and tastes delicious! great with shrimp or any other protein. make with your favorite herbs too!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil -
- 3 chicken breasts -
- 1 lb thin spaghetti -
- 7 tablespoons butter -
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream -
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese -
- 2 tablespoons cilantro - chopped
- preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- sprinkle the seasoned salt and pepper to taste over chicken.
- preheat the oil in an oven safe pan over medium high heat. once the oil ripples, put the chicken face down into the pan for 3 – 5 minutes or until you get a dark brown sear on the chicken. flip the chicken to the other side and immediately put in the preheated oven for 10 - 15 minutes or until the juices run clear. remove from the oven and let rest for about 10 minutes. slice on the bias and set aside. i made a video if this technique, you can find it here.
- bring a large pot of water to a boil. once the water is boiling, salt the water and add the pasta and cook according to package instructions. drain and set aside.
- in a medium sauce pan, add the garlic and butter. place over medium low heat and let butter melt. once the butter starts to bubble, watch carefully. continue to swirl the pan until brown solids start to form at the bottom of the pan, about 5 minutes.
- remove from the heat and add the heavy cream. whisk until combined. place the pasta in a large bowl and toss the garlic brown butter with the pasta. place desired amount of pasta in a serving bowl or on a plate. top with sliced roasted chicken and garnish with parmesan cheese and chopped cilantro.