these are my husband's favorite flavors. he always orders bbq bacon burgers at any restaurant with hamburgers. so i thought i would try those flavors on a pizza. i tossed in some sweet fresh corn and it was ridiculous! the combination of flavors in this pizza are insane!
- 16 ounces of homemade or frozen pizza dough - thawed
- 1/4 cup red onion - sliced
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese -
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese -
- 4 strips bacon - cooked, crumbled
- 1 ear corn -
- 1 tablespoon cilantro -
- 1 tablespoon olive oil -
- preheat a grill. add ear of corn to the grill and cook on all sides until tender with nice grill marks. when cool enough to handle, cut the kernels off of the cob with a knife. set aside.
- preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- you can find my homemade pizza dough recipe here.
- lightly flour a cutting board. roll the dough out, getting stretching to about 11 inches in diameter (or thinner if you like thin crust).
- spread bbq sauce onto the pizza leaving the edges open for the crust. top with monterey jack cheeses and cheddar. sprinkle on the red onions, bacon and reserved corn. drizzle olive oil over the top of the pizza and bake in the preheated oven for 20 - 30 minutes. remove from oven and garnish with chopped cilantro.