one day, i was looking for a pasta dish that was quick and easy. i looked around in my fridge and pantry to see what i had on hand. onions and garlic are a given. chicken broth? always. welp, lets throw it all together and make a pasta! it worked well and we loved it. it is easy, simple and delicious.
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta -
- 2 tablespoons olive oil -
- 1/2 onion - chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1/2 (14.5 ounce) can chopped tomatoes -
- 1/2 cup chicken broth - or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper -
- 2 tablespoons basil - or whatever herb you have laying around
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese - grated
- bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. add pasta and cook for 8 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- add olive oil in a large deep skillet over high-heat. saute onions and garlic until lightly browned. reduce heat to medium-high and add tomatoes, and chicken broth; simmer for about 8 minutes.
- stir in crushed red pepper, basil and cooked pasta, tossing thoroughly with sauce. simmer for about 2 more minutes and serve topped with grated cheese.